Just as we take special care of ourselves, or of the skin and hair during the winter, our canine friends also need proper care. Take a look at the 7 winter care tips for dogs. Show him that his comfort and safety are important to you.
1. Prepare carefully – Keep the insulating layer. Do not shave your dog to the skin in winter. Its hairy coat acts as insulation against the cold and keeps it warm. Protect her skin from drying out and the absence of fleas.
2. Beware of ice and snow – Ice and snow can cause it to lose its scent. So never let your dog wander in the snow for fear it will go back.
3. Leg care – After your return from walking with your animal, clean its legs. They have the ability to become infected due to chemicals like antifreeze. Rock salt used to melt ice can scratch their legs.
4. Antifreeze is dangerous – Antifreeze can cause poisoning and irreparable kidney damage. It is sometimes fatal. Keep an eye out for spills or better yet, use animal-friendly brands.
5. Check the niche – Keep your pet inside if the temperature drops very low, make sure your kennel is safe and warm for the night. Make it wind and water proof too. Provide blankets and a bed, especially with tiled floors which can get very cold.
6. Water is a must – Continue to give your animals water during the winter months to prevent them from dehydrating. Snow does not mean that water is not necessary. They are like us this way! They need water to burn calories.
7. Home games – Have small games to keep it indoors when the weather does not allow you to take long walks. It is safe and will prevent it from escaping outside in a cold world with a lot of infections to catch.
Have a good holiday and a safe winter. To search for veterinary advice ebooks on dog care, dog skin solutions, and dog food secrets, visit[http://www.ggsayz.com/dog/dogproduct.php] [http://www.ggsayz.com/get/dogtraining.php]
Source by Preity Z