Which are your favorite Martin Lawrence quotes?
Martin Lawrence is an American stand-up comedian, actor, producer, talk show host, writer, and former Golden Gloves boxer. He first rose to fame in the 1990s, with lead roles in several successful films and TV series.
He makes his first acting debut in the film ‘Do the Right Thing,’ which turned out to be his major career breakthrough.
Throughout his career, he has starred in the ‘Fox’ television sitcom ‘Martin’ and the films ‘House Party’, ‘Boomerang’, ‘Bad Boys’ franchise, ‘Wild Hogs’, ‘Blue Streak’, ‘Big Momma’s House’, and ‘A Thin Line Between Love and Hate’.
This is a list of some of the most inspirational Martin Lawrence quotes:
25 Inspirational Martin Lawrence Quotes About Life
1. “For me [in my stand-ups] I do what is from the heart. I do what I relate to, what I can talk about, things that I can define. I don’t try to talk about things just because they might be a popular subject. I talk about things I know about.” – Martin Lawrence
2. “I don’t really judge. To each his own. You like what you like.” – Martin Lawrence
3. “I wanted to trust in my partners and the directors and producers and do the best I can to deliver what I could deliver.” – Martin Lawrence
4. “Life- ride it until the wheels fall off.” – Martin Lawrence
5. “You make due with the time you have here. Hopefully, when you pass on, somebody can look back and say, Wow, they made a difference in some kind of way.” – Martin Lawrence
6. “Fatherhood means a great deal to me. I love it. To me, there ain’t nothing better, because your kids keep it real with you. When you think things are bad, you look at them and they show you how things could be all right, and it’s all worth it.” – Martin Lawrence
7. “I don’t live to eat, I eat to live.” – Martin Lawrence
8. “I try to always step up to the plate, be professional, be good at what I’m doing, and deliver on the character. In Hollywood, what more can you ask for? You want a consummate professional.” – Martin Lawrence
9. “It’s botherin’ me, man. You know, you can’t say this, you can’t say that I’m like, well, how am I gonna talk about the world? You know? I mean I need to talk about something to you all, can I – can I do it? Can I talk to y’all? I mean, I hope the kids are in bed, you know, because I got to talk, y’all.” – Martin Lawrence
10th of Martin Lawrence Quotes
10. “You can be cool and at the same time respect your woman, who will hopefully become your wife, who will hopefully become the mother of your kids. America needs to get back to family values.” – Martin Lawrence
11. “Everybody has a Big Momma: the mother or the grandmother who tells it like it is keeps it real with them isn’t afraid to tell you the truth about yourself.” – Martin Lawrence
12. “I don’t like forcing comedy and people just trying to do things just to find a funny beat all the time.” – Martin Lawrence
13. “I just try to get along with people and show the love that I would like to be shown to me.” – Martin Lawrence
14. “If somebody pisses me off and I understand it ain’t personal then I’ll go to another place and I’ll meditate.” – Martin Lawrence
15. “Women love to impress and be their best.” – Martin Lawrence
16. “Enjoy your popcorn and enjoy the show. It’s just a movie, so have fun!” – Martin Lawrence
17. “God inspired me because I was blessed with the knowledge that I wanted to do this. And my mother supported it. She said, ‘Whatever it is you want to do. If you believe acting or comedy is what you really want to do, I can only tell you it’s not easy, it’s very hard, but I’ll support you.’ Her supporting me enabled me to move forward.” – Martin Lawrence
18. “I don’t want to sound facetious, but humor is the key to the soul. You know what I mean?” – Martin Lawrence
19. “I’m most proud of the blessings that God has bestowed upon me, in my life. He’s given me the vision to truly see that you can fall down, but you can still get back up. Hopefully, I’ll learn from my mistakes and have the opportunity to strengthen and improve the next thing I do.” – Martin Lawrence
20th of Martin Lawrence Quotes
20. “We grew to know the meaning of love. That is what allowed me and my family to stay close together.” – Martin Lawrence
21. “Boxing kept me out of the streets, by giving me something to do. And it gave me a father figure in the coach that was there for me. I just reiterated what my mother was trying to teach me about focusing and getting my life together.” – Martin Lawrence
22. “For me, this was all or nothing. I left no room for anything else. That goal was just for my own push, my own self-esteem. The fear of not being a success in my life made me push even harder.” – Martin Lawrence
23. “I don’t really judge. To each his own. You like what you like. If you want someone who’s big-boned and you like that, ain’t nothing wrong with having a little extra meat on their. If you like them thin-boned, then that’s okay too.” – Martin Lawrence
24. “I was a B.I.G. fan. I like all of his stuff. I don’t really have a favorite song. They all are good, and each brings different memories to me. And you can still listen to it to this day and it means something.” – Martin Lawrence
25. “NO ONE is immune to the trials and tribulations of life.” – Martin Lawrence
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Martin Lawrence! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.