Getting to know someone can be an exhausting task. It usually involves a lot of small talk before getting onto the bigger issues. But it doesn’t always have to be like that. Hot seat questions are the ideal way to find out more about someone in an instant. They are a list of questions that cover a variety of topics and reveal information about others you might not unearth straight away. These are questions you can ask your partner, friends, or family.
Hot seat questions are a great way to break the ice or spice up a gathering with friends. It’s like playing Millionaire Hot Seat, just without the prize money. You can play this fun game with just your significant other, or in groups with friends. It enables you to discover what people’s biggest turn-on is or their greatest disappointments. There is no subject off-limits when it comes to hot seat questions.
The general idea is to ask the seated person in the hot seat several questions for a certain time period. Sometimes people might want to pass, which is fair. To make this more fun, you can add dare questions, which people who pass have to answer and carry out. It’s totally up to you. The game rules are pretty flexible and allow you to change things to suit the situation. Just remember there are no wrong answers. This is all a bit of fun.
If you’re wondering what type of questions to ask, you’ve come to the right place. While you can ask anything, we have rounded up 170 of the best hot seat questions to try out on your friends and family. To help, we’ve split them into different categories so you can play rounds based on each topic.
Well, that’s enough from me, read on and find out more about your close circle of friends and family with these hot seat questions.
Warm-Up Hot Seat Questions
These questions are a little more surface-level. They don’t dive too deep but are a good introduction for anyone who has never played before.
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
- If there were 25 hours in a day, how would you spend that extra hour?
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- What is your favorite movie genre?
- Which of your past birthdays was your favorite?
- In the zombie apocalypse, what would be your winning strategy?
- What is your dream job?
- Who is the most famous person you’ve met?
- What is the most bizarre thing you’ve ever witnessed someone else do?
- If you were in deep trouble, who is the first person you would contact for help?
- What are some special talents you possess?
- If your horoscope tells you you will win the lottery today, would you buy a ticket?
- What would you consider to be your spirit animal?
- If you could go to any concert right now, who would you go see?
- What is your favorite smell?
- What is your favorite game or sport to watch and play?
- If you can make a person disappear, who would it be and why?
- What is something that makes you extremely uncomfortable?
- What is your favorite season, and why is it?
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Funny Hot Seat Questions
It doesn’t have to be all serious. While you certainly want to get to know somebody’s deepest and darkest secrets, there’s always time for levity and a funny question or two. Funny hot seat questions are especially good when playing with a group of mates. It’s a good way to make everyone feel at home before you come through with the hard questions later.
- What is one of the best jokes you know by memory?
- Who would win in a fight between Superman and Batman?
- What sport would be the funniest to add a mandatory amount of alcohol to?
- What ridiculous thing has someone tricked you into doing or believing?
- If animals could talk, what one would you want to talk to the most?
- What would you name your boat if you had one?
- What is your most useless skill?
- If you could be any fruit, what would it be?
- What would be your weapon of choice in a zombie apocalypse?
- What would you rather have to deal with: Have no nose, but have really good smelling fingers? Or be blind but have a really nice smile?
- Would you rather know the exact time of your death or how you are going to die?
- What board game best represents your life?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- What’s your most embarrassing dating experience?
- What is the most stupid thing you’ve done in your entire life?
- Which word would you use if you could only use one for the rest of your life?
- What celebrity would you like to switch lives with for a day?
- If the end of the world is today, how would you spend your remaining time?
- How do you feel about pineapple on pizza?
- Toilet paper, under or over?
Interesting Hot Seat Questions
These are general interest questions that expose a little more about a person’s personality. They help you form a better opinion on what they are like and how they live their life.
- Do you have a life mantra or motto?
- What are the three things you would bring with you to a deserted island?
- What is a misconception that people have about you?
- How would your friends describe you?
- What is something that makes you feel uncomfortable?
- Do you prefer to read or watch television?
- What is one of the best gifts someone ever gave you?
- What was your most recent random act of kindness?
- Where is your happy place?
- What is your favorite country to visit?
- What is something on your bucket list?
- If you had to spend $10,000 today, how would you spend it?
- What is your dream job?
- What is something you enjoy that others might think is weird?
- If you could re-do one day in your life, what would it be and why?
- What movie or book character do you most identify with?
- What would be the title of your autobiography?
- Alive or dead, who is one famous person you would love to meet?
- What is one of the most spontaneous things you’ve ever done?
- What more are you wanting from your career right now?
Deep Hot Seat Questions
Now we are getting down to business. These questions will reveal a lot about a person’s character and their deepest and darkest thoughts. A personal question will show you what people are really made of.
- What is the best piece of advice that changed your view on life?
- What scares you about the future?
- Did you think you would be where you are in life at the moment?
- What are the top three greatest disappointments that happened in your life so far?
- What’s the one thing you want to achieve in life but struggle with?
- Do you have any regrets?
- What is the most profound and also most eye-opening experience you’ve had?
- What does it take to gain your trust?
- If you could choose an age to die, what would you pick?
- What does forgiveness mean to you?
- What is the one thing you strongly believe in?
- Do you spend enough time with your parents?
- What is the biggest lie you’ve told someone you haven’t gotten caught (until now, that is)?
- What are your worst qualities?
- How many people have you said “I love you” to?
- What makes you laugh?
- If you could have any career, what would it be?
- Have you ever lost someone close to you and how did that impact you?
- Do you ever feel depressed and what causes this?
- Have you ever been to therapy?
- What makes you cry?
- Who or what motivates you to work hard?
- Do you prefer possessions or experiences?
- What are the three most important qualities you look for in people?
- How long does it usually take for you to trust someone?
- What do you say was the cruelest thing you’ve ever done to someone?
- In just three words, how would you describe the idea of real happiness?
- How important is money to you?
- What makes you angry?
- Knowing what you do now, what advice would you give yourself 5 years ago?
- Who do you turn to for advice?
- What is your proudest accomplishment?
- When was the last time you cried and why?
- What stresses you out?
- What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
- Do you believe in second chances?
- What is one thing people always misunderstand about you?
- What is your biggest fear?
- When are you at your happiest?
- What’s something weird that you recommend everyone tries at least once?
Relationship Hot Seat Questions
These questions are great if you are getting to know someone for the first time. They center around relationships and the expectations people have when it comes to their boyfriend or girlfriend. They should give you a good insight into the type of person they are when in a relationship.
- What is your idea of a healthy relationship?
- What is the main thing that you think makes a relationship last?
- Have you ever cheated on a partner and what were the circumstances?
- What does a balanced relationship look like to you?
- What do you value most from a romantic partner?
- How long did your last relationship last?
- What is your love language?
- What physical and emotional gestures do you appreciate most?
- Do you want to get married?
- What is the worst date you have been on?
- What is your best pick-up line?
- Do you want to have kids?
- What is the most bizarre thing you’ve ever done for the name of love?
- Suppose you had a time machine, would you go back to relive your last relationship? Why?
- What is the most romantic thing you have done?
- Would you rather be loved, respected, or admired?
- What was the biggest lesson from your worst breakup?
- How do you tell your partner you love them without saying “I love you?”
- What is the longest relationship you have been in and why did it end?
- What makes you happy when in a relationship?
Sexual Hot Seat Questions
Not everyone is going to want to participate in this round. It might be best to skip if you are playing with family. Some of these questions are rather raunchy but allow you to find out more about someone’s sexuality and what they enjoy in the bedroom.
- What is your favorite sex position?
- Do you fantasize about other people while having sex?
- What was the worst thing that happened to you while getting busy?
- Who would be your hall pass?
- How important is sex in a relationship?
- What is your favorite type of foreplay?
- What song best describes your sex life?
- Do you have a sexual fantasy you’ve never shared with me before?
- How often do you masturbate?
- What is a sexual fantasy you have that you have never fulfilled?
- Have you ever sent a nude photo?
- Have you ever recorded yourself having sex with someone?
- Where is the weirdest place you have had sex?
- What is your favorite body part?
- Do you watch porn, and if so, what type?
- Have you had sex in public?
- Have you ever been caught masturbating or having sex?
- Is role-playing something you have tried?
- Have you worn a costume during sex, and if so, what?
- How often do you have sex and how often would you like to have sex?
- Which do you like more – sending dirty texts, or dirty talk in person?
- Are you a sub or a dom?
- Is there one sex act you don’t want to try?
- Do you own any sex toys, and if so, what are they?
- Do you prefer giving or receiving?
Rapid Fire Hot Seat Questions
To finish off, here are some rapid fire questions about a variety of hot topics that are easy to answer without too much thought.
- Weirdest dream?
- Small dogs or big dogs?
- Favorite social media platform?
- Celebrity crush?
- Dream job?
- Favorite holiday destination?
- Playing sport or watching sport?
- Favorite TV show?
- Most embarrassing thing you’d done?
- Sweet or savory?
- Favorite teacher?
- Rock or rap?
- Most disgusting thing you’ve done?
- Favorite food?
- Spirit animal?
- Favorite class at school?
- Worst job?
- Guilty pleasure?
- Favorite place?
- Most childish thing you’ve done?
- Fruit or vegetables?
- Best job as a student?
- World language you wish you could speak?
- Bungee jump or skydive?
- Favorite video game?