Beautiful honeymoon destinations in India
One of the most exciting and challenging times of our lives are wedding days. We spend a lot of time handpicking everything for our wedding. There is one thing that couples start dreaming about since they get engaged – perfect honeymoon. Your honeymoon destination does not always need to be in a foreign land. Sure, Paris and Maldives are excellent. But our home country also offers us multitude of places for a perfect honeymoon. Our country has rich and diverse landscape. It also has a rich history and culture. All we need is to discover them. There are people who want to enjoy their honeymoon in budget. The beautiful cities of India offer them such a chance.
- Goa – Goa is a perfect place for celebrating your honeymoon. The weather is balmy. The palm fringed beaches are excellent. The ocean is warm and inviting. The state is also known for its amazing nightlife. You can find the finest clubs, discs, bars and restaurants in Goa.
- Kerala – Do you want to spend your honeymoon in peace and tranquillity? Then the hushed backwaters of Kerala should be your first choice. The backwaters provide you the most romantic setting to spend with your loved one.
- Darjeeling – Enjoy loving and tender time with your spouse. The climate is pleasantly cool here. Here you can witness the natural scenic beauty of lush green pine trees, snowy mountains and tea plantations. There are a number of tourist attractions in the city.
- Andaman & Nicobar – If you are looking for an exotic location then these islands should be on your list. It has white sandy beaches, warm tropical environment and azure beaches. It is a perfect location to spend intimate holiday with your loved one.
- Srinagar – This city is gifted with natural beauty. It is a heaven for newlywed couples. You can go for shikara ride on the placid lake. You can also go to the beautiful gardens with blooming flowers in vibrant colours. The scenic beauty will make every moment of your honeymoon, filled with love and romance.
- Alleppey – Alleppey is another charming city of Kerala. Recently it has also started attracting the honeymooners. It is known for its silent and beautiful backwaters. Hire a houseboat and fill your days with beauty, silence and love.
- Jodhpur – If you are looking for royalty and luxury, then there is no place better than Jodhpur. It is also called the ‘Sun City’. Here you can enjoy a blend of culture and history with luxury. It has some magnificent palaces and opulent hotels. Feel like king and queen during your honeymoon.
- Nainital – There is a quaint charm in this beautiful city of lakes. Nainital is a popular travel destination in India. The lush green valleys, snow laden peaks and natural beauty of the city are beyond comparison. If you wish to go a little higher in altitude, you can also visit Mukteshwar.
- Shimla – If you are looking for adventurous honeymoon, then Shimla is the place to go. This city is full of beautiful hills, cathedrals, monasteries and churches. You can spend the days watching the snowfall. You can also go for adventure sports like skiing, paragliding and mountaineering.
|Destination||Best Time to Visit||Major Attractions|
|Goa||March to May & October to February.||– Chapora beach.
– Dudhsagar fall.
– Se Cathedral.
– Park Hyatt Goa Resort.
– Casino Royale.
|Kerala||September to March.||– Cherai beach.
– Mattancherry Palace.
|Darjeeling||October to March.||– Tiger Hill.
– Peace Pagoda.
– Batasai Loop.
– Toy train.
|Andaman & Nicobar||October to March.||– Ross Island.
– Viper Island.
– Bharatpur beach.
– Marina Park and Aquarium.
|Srinagar||May to September.||– Dal Lake.
– Nishat Bagh.
– Gulab Bhavan.
– Shankaracharya temple.
|Alleppey||September to March.||– Alappuzha beach.
– Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna temple.
|Jodhpur||October to March.||– Meharangarh Fort.
– Balsamand Lake.
– Umaid Bhawan Palace.
|Nainital||March to June||– Nainital lake
– Naini Peak
– Snow view
– Tiffin Top
– Naini Devi Temple
|Shimla||March to June||– The Ridge
– Mall Road
– Christ Church
– Summer Hill
– Chadwick Falls